Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Its about that time again...

Laura's birthday in is Jan. and I always start thinking about her alot around this time of year. I think about her alot already, but with her birthday and christmas shes on my mind extra. Ontop of that Ive been watching this show on mtv called Teen mom and they are following a few young moms and two of them annoy the crap out of me, but there are two I like. One girl seems like a great mom and seems very dedicated which I like and then there is a couple who did an adoption and of course that tugs at my heart. Watching their story kind of made me reconnect with some of the feelings I had originally after she was born. She has an outstanding family, I just cannot say it enough. Shes got an older brother who watches over her and her parents are just those people that were ment to be parents and excell at it. Im very open with my adoption and feel very much at peace with it. I never know if I should contact them or not. I get letters yearly but I dont want to interfere with their lives though. I dont know what it feels like to be the parent of an adopted child and if their biological parent writing or contacting the family would make them feel uncomfortable. I havent spoken to them in years, like I said I get letters but thats one sided. I think they would be okay with it, they were always very accepting of me but still...anyways Im working on a letter for them to tell them about Hannah and kind of give them a little update on me too. I dont know but I think later she will want that. I really do hope that one day my girls and I have a relationship with her, even if its not much I hope for something later. This picture is one of my faves and I think this is exactly what I wanted for my little girl. A safe, happy life with a Mom and a Dad that love her and she got lucky and ended up with a great big brother too!


Laura and her dad Summer 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment